Sunday 9 September 2007

Latest update

Bob is doing well, and just beginning to get a bit aggitated at not being able to do all the things he would like to do.  Patience is what I tell him, he has to be careful until he goes back to work in November, so we are only half way there on his road to recovery.

Today we are going out for lunch as it is my birthday, and he is taking me to a sports shop to investigage some Nordic walking sticks.  The problems with my leg needs an operation on the knee, so it is difficult to walk at present, and as I am supposed to be ensuring that he walks for half hour everyday we have to find a way of doing that without me suffering too much, and by all accounts these sticks could be the answer.

Later we will be seeing all the grandchildren - we have 9 of them still living at home with their parents, so they will all call sometime today

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday my friend. Nice to know we share the same Birthday. Have a wonderful time with all your grandchildren.  

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

 Happy Birthday.  Make it a great one.

                   Julie

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

                                  HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARY!

I hope you spent it doing everything you wanted to.  
Those sports sticks are aerobic too if you use them correctly as you walk.  Seemingly you burn off more caories using those.  I have thought of using them too.  If you buy some and use them let me know how you feel using them.  I would be very interested as I have bad joints too.
Enjoy the grandchildren coming round to celebrate with you. And tell Bob he has to learn to walk before he runs.  My husband had a heart attack a year and a half ago, right in the middle of my chemo too, and he had to slowly walk and build up carefully when he got home.
He will get there eventually.  Men!  They are all the same Mary.  They don't like being ill or handicapped in any way.

Take care and enjoy yourselves.

Jeanie xxxx

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday Mary!  You sure kept that quiet!  I would have sent a card had I known ahead of time.  I am glad Bob is doing well!  It is hard to be feeling better and yet still not able to do the things we want to do.  I do hope that you had a lovely lunch out and a wonderful day!
marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday Mary! Sorry I'm a day late, seems to be the story of my life lately! I'm glad Bob's doing well still and I hope you managed to find the Nordic walking sticks. Take it easy on those walks, hope the weather stays fine for you, it's a lovely day here in Brighton today. Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Mary... are walking sticks like canes? Are these some special kind? I've never heard of Nordic walking sticks... take a picture and show us! Both of you are going to improve your health with all this walking, so I hope the Nordic sticks help out... my knees are starting to betray me. I'm beginning to wonder if I'll have to deal with this problem in the future too. So many teachers I know have to have knee surgery by the time they are in their fifties ... we do spend most if not all of the day standing and walking, bending, kneeling... a whole lot of standing... rough on the knees. Have a good week. take care. bea

http://journals.aol.com/bgilmore725/Wanderer