Monday 17 September 2007

Can you spare me?

Part of my job role at the charity I manage is to raise funds - these fund go towards giving carers/care givers breaks, so that they can take 'time off' from their caring roles.

I am toying the idea of putting together a booklet, or series of booklets

recipes

tips and hints

poetry/short stories

and as I want this to be original stuff and not something I have pinched from books or magazines, I was wondering if anyone would like to make a charitable contribution - with your name attributed (if you so wish) and country of origin

Once I have got enough stuff together, the booklets would be sold for funds.  I could even make them available here if people wanted.

I have to tell you that I have these mad, creative ideas from time to time

 

To start off I will share with you a recipe for soup that was given to me today - have not tried it yet, but will tomorrow as I have just found some courgettes lurking in the fridge.

Courgette/Zucchini soup

Boil 4 courgettes/zucchini in chicken stock (a stock cube is ok, if you do not have the real thing), with a tablespoon of curry powder. Use enough liquid to cover the courgettes/zucchi

When courgettes are soft, wizz together in a blender (add more water if required to get the consistency you require) - reheat if necessary

Put in some Philadelphia cheese

It is now ready to serve.

I understand that it can be eaten hot or cold.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's admirable that you want to use your talents to help raise money for charity.  It can't help but be a  success.
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

We had wonderful success with cook books when I was involved in a charity.  People from all over contributed various recipes...it was a big seller.  Keep me posted on what you plan, I may want to be involved.
Lisa
http://journals.aol.com/wwfbison/life-on-a-bison-farm