Monday 10 September 2007

Nordic Walking Poles

Nordic walking poles are a bit like ski poles.  Usually used in pairs, they are used for walking.  There was a certain amount of hype about them a while back as they are reputed to give you quite a good work out when walking as they also exercise the upper body.

I have to confess that I wanted them more to avoid using a walking stick or my crutches, as I needed something that helped me keep my balance whilst walking as my knee is prone to give out and send me tumbling over - not a pretty sight as I end up looking like a beached whale.

I have not taken them for a test drive yet, so will report back when I do.

For those who want to know what they look like, follow the link to the website I found.  If you want to try them out you can get them from Argos for £14.99 or the deluxe ones for £19.99 - and then if they work I may invest in more expensive ones.

http://www.sheactive.co.uk/brand.html?supplier=00000066&type=brand&gclid=CMrNnuLmuo4CFQSlEAodrAMnyg

 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing...I like those. :o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

My oldest daughter will be competing in the Canadian Winter Special Olympics this February in Quebec city, representing the maritime provinces in the Cross Country ski division.  She has been using nordic walking poles all summer for training.  It's great exercise. Yes, I am very proud of her!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

The walking poles do remind me of ski poles - I hope you like them once you've tried them out.  Thank you for stopping by my journal - I look forward to reading more of yours as you have seen more of the US than I have..and I live here!
Lisa
http://journals.aol.com/wwfbison/life-on-a-bison-farm