Saturday 15 September 2007

Lazy day on the river 3

Along the Kennet and Avon Canal they also have horse drawn barges, left over from bygone days.  We passed many of these and were glad to see something from a bygone era.  Although picturesque this mode of transport can be fraught with dangers for passengers of other passing barges.  At the time I was at the back of the boat talking to the crew when they yelled 'duck'.  Duly crouching down quickly I was then somewhat surprised to get a hearty thwack across the backside as the mooring rope from the horse drawn barge was thrown over our boat and it caught me stern side, meaning I spent the next hour or so trying to drying our my nether regions
much to the delight of the other passengers on board.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

 What a pretty horse.  Don't they look where they are throwing the robe?  LOL


                    Julie

Anonymous said...

I think they look to see what they are doing, they just do no expect such a large backside to be in their way lol

Anonymous said...

Haha, I am afraid I am laughing at your expense..it was the way your wrote about it!  Horse drawn barges, I've never heard of this, lovely horse though.
Lisa