Thursday 30 August 2007

What's new

It has now been almost a month since Bob's operation and he is doing well.  Fortunately he is pretty much a lazy, laid back person, so having to do not a lot for a few months is not a problem to him.  What with his reading, computer, internet chess and the cricket he is keeping himself amused, and I am now able to leave him for a couple of hours at a time to pop into work. The worst is no wine, as they cannot get his Warfarin levels stabalised at present, they shot up far to high, and as booze also thins the blood we cannot risk him bleeding to death.

Mind you this internet is a wonderful thing as I have been able to work from home, and along with my mobile phone no one really knows that I am not in the office (apart from the office staff of course).

All the running around after Bob has caused my fibromyalgia to flare up, and also a knee problem (had Xrays yesterday to see if there is more wear and tear since the last Xray about 5 years ago).  The pain killers do not help, they just make me whoozy which I hate. 

We are supposed to up Bob's exercise by walking more, but at the moment when we are out he races ahead of me, and anyone seeing us would think he is looking after me as I creep up behind with my walking stick.

 
I have just started a college course on diet and nutrition, so had better get back to starting the assignment I came up to my office an hour ago to do.
 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh Mary!   Time has flown...hasn't it.  A month ago Bob was having his operation and you were worried sick about him.  Now look at him!  
I bet he wishes he could get paid for taking it easy in this way.  Lol!
It's really painful and debilitating fibromyalgia.  My ex-sister-in-law has it and she can hardly get out th house some days.  Sleep sometimes overwhlms her.  You do well to be able to work.
I hope it wears off soon and gives you a break from it.
Take care

Jeanie   xxxx

Anonymous said...

 Don't you just love those classes, LOL.  Glad Bob is doing well.  Time heals all.  I hear you on aches and pains, always something.


                 Julie

Anonymous said...

Haha, I am like you, I get distracted easily.  I often sit down at the computer to do one thing and end up doing something completely different!  HOpe your knee feels better soon!  sometimes we take such good care of the ones we love that we forget to take care of ourselves!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my journal Mary and also for leaving a link to yours!  I shall read the rest of it when I have more time...I won't forget!  We love to travel the USA too, went earlier this year and last year , and was going to go again next year but have now decided to have a couple of shorter holidays instead!  ~~~ Pat    http://journals.aol.co.uk/pm71blackfen/ramblings-from-pat/

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that Bob is doing better. I do hope that you feel better as well! Many hugs to you.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

It's good to hear Bob is doing well, I hope they can get his Warfarin levels adjusted so he can have the odd glass of wine, they say it's good for the heart! Good luck on your college course. The painkillers my doctor gave me last year left me feeling I was on a different planet! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Bob is doing well, it seems, and that is very good. I hope you can get your fibromyalgia under control once more. Perhaps after Bob is given the green light to do more, you won't have to run around after him so much, and the pain levels will disappear for you. That diet and nutrition course should be interesting and helpful... you are on the right road for both of you! It's good you both were able to travel as much as you did before his surgery. Good timing, in a way! Have a wonderful week. bea