Friday 14 September 2007

A love story

 The Love Story of Ralph and Edna.
>
> Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to,doesn't

> mean they don't love you with all they have.
>
> Ralph and Edna were both patients in a mental hospital. One day while
> they were walking past the hospital swimming pool, Ralph suddenly
jumped
> into the deep end. He sank to the bottom of the pool and stayed there.
>
> Edna promptly jumped in to save him. She swam to the bottom and pulled

> him out.
>
> When the Head Nurse Director became aware of Edna's heroic act she
> immediately ordered her to be discharged from the hospital, as she now

> considered her to be mentally stable.
>
> When she went to tell Edna the news she said, "Edna, I have good news
> and bad news. The good news is you're being discharged, since you were

> able to rationally respond to a crisis by jumping in and saving the
life
> of the person you love. I have concluded that your act displays sound
> mindedness.
>
> The bad news is, Ralph, hung himself in the bathroom with his bathrobe

> belt right after you saved him. I am so sorry, but he's dead."
>
> Edna replied, "He didn't hang himself, I put him there to dry.
>
> How soon can I go home?"
 

 


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Mary, this is brilliant!  I laughed in spite of myself!  Heeee, heeee, heeee!
Love
Susie

Anonymous said...

Oh Mary!   That was an awful ending....Lol!  
I was drawn in, hoping for the  horse and carriage the lot!
You are wicked!!     Lol!

Have a lovely weekend yourself...

Jeanie xx

Anonymous said...

 Loved the ending, what a surprise.   Thanks for the laugh this morning.

               Julie

Anonymous said...

Oh I surely didn't envision that ending~ thanks for the chuckle.
Lisa