Friday 25 April 2008

Next trip

I have just realised that this time last year I was preparing to go to New York to embark on our months tour across America.  Leaving New York on 1st May and finally ending up in California and flying home from Los Angeles.  Is it really a year since we have had a holiday.  So much has happened in that time - heart surgery for my other half, knee surgery for me and now carpel tunnel syndrome for him, which is being dealt with my a pioneering injection on Wednesday.

Now to holiday plans.  Given that it now a year since we have had a recreational break, we are looking forward to two weeks in Canada.  When I was in New York last year in February, with my mother, we asked her if there was anywhere that she would like to visit, given the chance before she is unable to take longs trips (she is 79), and she said Canada.  Now we had assumed she meant Niagra Falls, but thought we had best check just in case she meant somewhere else.  Having toured America, we realised that distances bore not relation to those in the UK, and if we got it wrong we could be many, many miles from where she wanted to be. 

Anyway on checking with her we knew she meant Niagra Falls.  Now having been there twice already, we are now thinking where else is good to visit around there.  We have been to Toronto, up the CN tower.  We have been to Huntsville and the Algonquin area (including seeing a Moose with her calf).  We have done the Thousand Island Tour - so where else is there to go.  We have stayed at Niagra Lakes (in the snow).

If someone has some advice, please let us know.  We will certainly being doing Niagra Falls again (for the 3rd time), we will take Mum up the CN Tower and get her to walk on the glass floor (no mean feat for someone with vertigo) and we will do the Thousand Island Tour because where else would you get such spectacular views of the Islands - but what else? We are there for two weeks starting 7th June (yeh, I know, just in time for the things that bite me with dire consequences)

Mary

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you have missed the best part of Canada, the Maritime Provinces.  They are heaven on earth to me.  PEI, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick.  Much more beautiful then the rest of Canada. I know I am biased, but trust me, they are the best!
Marie
http://ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I can't give you exact places but I know there are many wonderful places to visit in Canada.  My mother in law is from Canada, I will ask her for her opinion.  I enjoyed Niagra Falls on my visits too.
Lisa