Sunday 6 April 2008

Its snowing

Well, I did not realise just how long it is since I last made a blog.  I have been reading loads and trying to get down below the 500+ I always seem to have.  AOL has been doing some odd things, so often the blogs will not load, so I have to save them until AOL decides it will let me read them.

Anyway after musing for a few days about what to write about, and having taken some lovely pictures last week end of our walk across the local common, what do we wake up to this morning - snow.  Now snow is something we are not used to this far South, and when it happens is usually causes chaos and people do not turn up for work.  Being Sunday that is not an issue, but I sure hope it does not freeze overnight as getting out of our close in those conditions is not an easy thing to do.

We are going to brave the roads in an hour or so, as we have to meet my brother and his partner at the top of a car park in Eastleigh - why? we have no idea, all that we know is that my three sisters, their partners and my Mum will be there as well.

So around 12 o'clock all will be revealed.

Apart from that there is not much else to report.  My partner seems recovered from his open heart surgery having thrown himself back into work with a vengance.  My knee continues to trouble me, apparently I am not building enough strength in it since the operation, but then I am battling with fibromyalgia, so that does not come as a surprise.

Must go and get ready for our mystery day out. Enjoy the photos.

 

Mary

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

 Looks like everyone has snow in the forcast.  It is suppose to snow off and on all week,  bummer.  Glad your all on the mend but knees take awhile.  Enjoy your mystery day.

                  Julie

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos Mary.  We, too, got a lot of snow dropped on us yesterday.  It's very lovely to look at but treacherous to drive in.  I do hope you were safe on your journies.  we did not venture out.  I have had a lot of problems with my AOL journal and so have been posting my daily thoughts and muses on my blogger account.  http://ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com/  I will do so until I get AOL sorted.  Do stop by and have a peek.
Have a great week,
love,
Marie
http://ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Your photos take me back to winter....it is supposed to be spring!!  So sorry to hear your knee is still giving you trouble.  WIshing you the best, good to see an entry from you.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping we have seen the last of snow here in NY. What a curious request for a mystery date...you'll have to update us on what the occasion was. Have a wonderful weekend hon! (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

We got the snow too down here in Brighton! The weather seems to be running amok ~ a few days of warm sun then back to freezing cold winds! I can't wait till summer. I'm sorry your knee isn't doing as well as you want it to, my knee isn't too good either after an accident six weeks ago. I'm glad your partner's recovering from his surgery. I hope you had a good time when you met up with your family! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/