Monday 31 December 2007

One could be forgiven for thinking it is Spring

We went down to Devon on Saturday for a couple of days to visit M.I.L.  - It was a bright and sunny day (after a horrendous night of rain and high winds) - with good views all the way down the M4/M5.

As we were travelling down I spied some sheep, well lots of them actually, but in one field there were three lambs, a single and twins, a bit early I should think but given the temperatures in these parts have been around 10 degrees Celsius recently, the sheep must have thought it was time to do their business.

On Sunday we drove from Exeter up to Dartmoor, again the weather was lovely.  We stopped in a nice old pub, with peat fires for a Mulled Wine, and then onto Tavistock for a look around the town and a quick snack in a nice place called Cafe Liaison, where there was a musician.  Mind you, I am not so sure I would like to live on Dartmoor - when we went into the pub the sun was shining and when we came out barely half hour later fog was coming down.  Driving away from there, within 10 minutes we were in sunshine again.  It was also nice not to have it get so dark so early, as it stays lighter later in those parts.

Today we came back home, and I have just had my knee reviewed.  Healing slowing is the surgeon's opinion and I have to go back in four months.

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

  Sounds like a pretty place.  Hope your knee starts healing faster.


                Julie

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you, may it best the best yet

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I hope your knee comes along well - I wish it were spring!!  I am tired of winter and long dark days already.  Happy New Year!!!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

It has been really mild these past few days but rumour has it we are in for a cold winter.  There is a house down the laneway that has a whole row of daffodils blooming in front of it if you can believe it!  Hope that you knee continues to heal as it should.  All the best to you and yours in 2008.
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

At least your knee is going in the right direction for the healing process, albeit slowly! My best friend lives on Dartmoor, the weather can certainly change very quickly up on the moors but it's so beautiful up there, I'd love a little cottage there! Have a very happy and healthy new year! Jeannette xx