Sunday 11 November 2007

Spare time

Even though I have had a lot going on around me, what with a sick husband, a daughter who needed an operation, and difficulty in walking for myself, I have still been working full time.  I have a pretty stressful job, I often say if it was not for the clients, the staff and our funders I would have the perfect job.  Rainbow 

So I needed something to do that would relax me and keep me out of mischief in my spare time.  My mum attends an over 60s day centre and they have been collecting blankets for Croatia, so I have been crochetching blankets.  This is something I did many years ago when money was tight and even before the girls were born.  I managed to find my crochet hooks, lots of spare wool and off I went.  You will see from my pictures just a sample of the ones I have completed.  I just hope they do the job that is required and that the people they are destined for can make lots of use of them.  I have some here that have been around for 30 years and with the exception of one minor repair are still going strong.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to crochet a lot.  I should get back in to it.  I could use some blankets!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

OH MY those are gorgous!!!! I have one crochet blanket that a neighbor in Michigan had given to my mom for me when we went to move 800 miles away. Its around 30 years old and I still have it to this day. It has been through everything and still looks as good today as it did the day she gave it to us. Huggs, Robin
 

Anonymous said...

 The blankets are beautiful and I love the colors.

               Julie

Anonymous said...

I would love to know how to crochet or knit - I think it would be relaxing after a long day.  I like your description of the perfect job..LOL
Lisa
http://journals.aol.com/wwfbison/life-on-a-bison-farm